So.. this week had its ups and downs. I was feeling pretty homesick on Wednesday and Thursday, and I got really frustrated with my host family. Here.. the most important thing is eating. If something hurts.. the cure is to eat more. If you're tired.. eat. If you're sick.. it's because you're not eating enough. So.. Wednesday morning my stomach was rather sore, and I told my host mom that I didn't want to eat breakfast.. (I've done this a few times because I can't handle all the fried food) and she got super offended because she thought I didn't like her food.. but really I just wasn't hungry and didn't want to eat. Anyways.. 10 mins later she had put some bread out and said, here's some bread you can eat! So, I was just annoyed because I had explained to her the reasons for my stomach issues before this, and it didn't seem to matter. It's been dealt with since then.. but that was frustrating. I haven't been sleeping overly well because there is no sound proofing of anything, and I have about 40 mosquito bites on my legs.. so every night I have woken up scratching my legs.
Also, my friend Bianca went back home on Friday. She was here for a month and she was my neighbour and we got pretty close, but I guess that's something you have to get used to when living overseas.
Anyways. Other then that.. things are good! I absolutely love love love teaching ESL. The kids are always so happy and have great attitudes! Also, I went with a lady named Marielos to buy another guitar for "guitar class"... we ended up getting a not so good guitar, because she didn't want to spend very much, and the guitars here are.. interesting. But, I suppose if you are just learning and lots of people are playing the guitar it should be a cheap one.
I had another lovely adventure on Thursday night.. managed to get on the wrong bus again.. but this time I wasn't alone. Bianca, Katie and I were coming back from work, and the bus said lomas.. so we got on the bus and after awhile realized we were not going to the right place.. so when we were the last people on the bus we asked the bus driver where we were.. and he said zone 2.. which is a super sketchy part of town.. so we asked if there was a bus stop nearby for lomas, and he said not to get off there because it's really dangerous so he drove us to where there was a bunch of taxis, and said get in that taxi and don't talk to anyone! So we did.. and got home safe. But.. now my host family wants me to buy a cell phone so that I can tell them where I am, because I've gotten home a bit late a few times.. not late, but I guess later then they thought I was coming home so it'll just be good to have one so I can tell them where I am and stuff without them worrying about me all the time.
Anyways.. that's about all for now!
Love love love!
Xoxo
Jaclyn
No comments:
Post a Comment