I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying all the pumpkin pie and turkey and stuffing! I enjoyed a nice meal of rice and beans for thanksgiving, and it was delicious, although I am very much looking forward to pumpkin pie when I get home.
Ha. Anyways,
Saturday went incredibly well! I talked about body image, and eating disorders, and the pressure to look a certain way/be a certain way, because the world tells us we should.. but really God says it's not about that how we look, it's about what's inside that counts. Cheesy I know, but the truth. I shared my testimony and ways I have struggled with my body image, and the girls were so silent the entire time and paid attention, and everyone was amazed that the girls were so quiet. Afterwards, Cathy and Marielos came up to me and told me they have never seen the girls pay attention so well, so that was just a huge blessing, and I am sure they got something out of the message, so praise God!
Oh.. funny story! As I am still in the process of learning Spanish.. i had another lovely screw up today. I accidentally told a friend that my family wants to eat me. ha. woops.
I don't really have much to write.. but I have a few prayer requests..
1. if you could pray that my stomach gets better.. it's not handling the food overly well
2. safety
3. That I make wise decisions
4. That I have patience with a few difficult people..
Thanks so much for your continued support!
God bless!
Sending love from CR
Jaclyn
No comments:
Post a Comment