Friday, October 22, 2010

You're so vain..

you probably think this song is about you..

So... my parents used to sometimes say.. "don't be so vain, child" and lately I have realized how vain I really am, and how I need to change this. The other day I needed to bring runners to work, but I didn't want to carry them.. and I absolutely could not wear runners with my jeans.. and my friends were like.. Jaclyn.. just wear them with your jeans. So.. I did, and couldn't stop thinking about it the whole way to where we went. (ridiculous.. I know)
And now. I feel the dire need for a hair cut, but am too worried they'll do a hack job here, so I won't go.. but I just want to cut it. but I can't. so. ugh.

Anyways.
This week the refuge is closed, as I said before, so I've just been going to ESL class, and bible club on Wednesday. Yesterday I went to my friend's house in a town called Alajuela and we went to a thing called 'young life' which is kinda like youth group.. but they do skits and play games and then give a 5-10 minute talk about God at the end. As far as I could tell the majority of people that come aren't christians I don't think, so it was cool to go.
Today I walked around Alajuela with her sister, and it was really fun! We met 4 guys who play on one of the big soccer teams here, and we went to the fire station and I went in the fire truck and wore a fireman suit. Definitely a fabulous day.

Not much is new..

I talked to the head honcho about extending my stay and she said she needs to think about it and pray about it, so I'm still waiting to hear about that.. and praying I get the answer I want.
But.. that's about it!
Hope you are all doing well!
Lots of love,
Jaclyn

No comments:

Post a Comment