Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I hate trying to think of titles for posts... so I didn't.

The past week has been pretty good.
Yesterday.. some friends and I decided we should go on a nice hike to a place called La Cruz. Thinking this was going to be a nice normal hike.. we set out. We took two busses to get there.. and it took an hour. Once we got "there" we had a nice walk up a very vertical road to get to the actual mountain part. There were 6 of us that went.. 2 other girls, me, and 3 guys. My goodness. I thought I was out of shape.. the girls that came needed a break every 5 minutes, which would've been fine, but because it took us so long we ended up getting down poured on, and the hike took us 7 hours instead of 4 or 5.
Usually when I think hiking I think walking up a nice trail to the top of a mountain.. this.. not so much. I definitely felt like I was in a wilderness 101 class as we did not have a trail and were finding our way through the bushes and going over barbed wire fences. Bianca got sick.. Katie's knee dislocated.. so they ended up waiting for me, Axel and Walter to hike to La Cruz and back.. and Willy waited with them. To get to La Cruz it was straight uphill and my legs felt like they were going to fall off... and then the way back we had to walk through 3 rivers.
All in all.. it was an adventure.. to say the least. Something.. i will maybe do in the dry season.. but never again in the rainy season. nunca!
ESL classes are going really well, I definitely am loving it and having a fabulous time. The kids are so great. It's crazy to see how evident God is in their lives. If I'd been through any of what they've been through.. I don't know how I'd have turned out. But.. they're always so happy and so thankful, and it's so encouraging to see.
Anyways.. nothing new really.
I will try and keep you updated!

xoxo
Jaclyn

No comments:

Post a Comment