The past couple days have been quite stupendous.
Thursday was a regular day of tutoring.. there wasn't any ESL class because it was Dia del Nino.. which is children's day, so there' s just lots of parties with all the schools, so I was at the refuge all day with the girls. In the afternoon we got to play games outside, so I taught them some games from AIA soccer camps, which was a blast and a half!
Friday is chill day, so we get to do exercise in the morning... so I taught pilates, which is always great because there's a grand total of 2 of them that are in slightly normal shape.. and the rest moan and complain when we do the simplest of things, so it's quite humorous for me. After pilates 3 of us play soccer with the boys, which is always humiliating, because they are amazing. I have been nutmegged countless times. Friday was a fabulous day because I was reunited with my friend Jose from last time, and he remembers me, so I am so stoked on life!
Saturday was rather boring.. I went into San Jose to cash a check and then went to Carpio.. and didn't enjoy the saturday program, so probably won't go again on saturday. Going to Carpio was a grand adventure though.. I got on the carpio pista bus.. except the bus had the wrong sign up.. so I was the last person on the bus and the bus driver asked me where I was going, and I said I need to get to Carpio, and he said oh well this is the hospital mexico bus I don't go to Carpio.. but I will take you to the bus stop. Why on earth would you be going to Carpio?! And I told him I work there, and he was quite confused.. but anyways. He took me to the bus stop, and then I got on the right bus to Carpio. As I was waiting for it I prayed that somebody I knew would be on the bus.. and I got on, and my friend Callie was on it with her boyfriend! Praise God! I was pumped..
Today was fabulous! We went to Limon to visit the extended family.. I felt like I stepped onto a scene of Little House on the Prairie. It was rather bizarre.. the grandpa took me to go iguana hunting with me.. who eats iguanas?? gross... we didn't catch anything, but managed to see a crocodile, and then I made him take us back to the house because i didn't want to lose a limb. . so we went back to the house, and then the uncle took us to the river to go boating, which was awesome. The boat was the tiniest little boat ever, but it was still lots of fun.
After we went in the boat, I decided I wanted to swim up the river, which was totally pointless and i just tired myself out, but there were some guys going off a rope swing, and I wanted to, so I asked one of them if I could, and they said yes and helped me get up onto it. It was lots of fun =)
On the way home my family volunteered me to drive.. so I started driving, and the way back is going up and down a mountain, so I was driving and then the terrential downpour started, and there was lots of waterfalls that were spitting out rocks from the side, and there was lots of traffic.. so it was a very terrifying experience that I wouldn't care to have again.. that being said.. I made it home safely and managed not to kill us!
That is all for now,
sending love from Costa Rica!
xoxo
Jaclyn
No comments:
Post a Comment