Today was fabulous, and I am feeling quite at home. In the morning I went for a nice run and then Bianca and I bussed to La Carpio. She got off at the second bus stop because she was working at the clinic.. and I got off at the last bus stop because I was going to the refuge.. so I had to walk a bit by myself.. but was totally fine. This morning I met the new girl.. her name is Zaren, and her and I get along wonderfully.. I have found a new friend. She is 13 years old and the sweetest thing to walk the earth. I helped her with math all morning and then in the afternoon I started her English lessons.. we went right to the basics, trying to learn the alphabet and numbers 1-20 in english.. was truly the most hilarious thing I have experienced here.
At lunch time a few of us gringas got together and had some prayer time which was really awesome! =)
At 2:20 ish we went down to La Segunda for bible club.. which was chaotic but ridiculous amounts of fun. The kids are awesome, and I absolutely adore them. As soon as we walked through the gates a massive group of them ran over and threw themselves into my arms, or wrapped me in theirs.. it was a chaotic group hug and I am thankful nobody got injured.. as I couldn't walk properly. The girls and I made bracelets and I am proudly wearing mine, even though it looks like a 3 year old made it..
I am having the time of my life and don't think I wanna come home.. except for janines wedding!! congrats m'dear!
xxoxox
jaclyn
No comments:
Post a Comment