This past weekend has been crazy.. and not really the kind of crazy that I like.
2 friends and I decided to take a nice vacation to San Antonio and stay at a hostel on the beach. So.. friday we got to the bus station to buy our tickets, and they were all sold out. We ended up taking a taxi, because we didn't want to wait till the next day, or get there super late.. so instead of paying 8 dollars each we paid 28 each.. which really isn't all that bad but we were going for super cheap. Anyways.. the taxi driver was pretty awesome and took us to a hostel right on the beach, and all was fine and dandy. I decided to go for a run right when we got there, and by the time my run was finished it was getting dark, so I was trying to find the hostel, but couldn't, so I asked a guy named Pedro to help me find it. He was really nice and showed me back.. no problems. I showered and then the girls and I went for dinner at a restaurant about a 3 minute walk away. We ate dinner, and then started heading back to the hostel.. but as we were walking a white car pulled up beside us, a man jumped out with a gun, pointed it at us and said GIVE ME THE ******* MONEY! Bianca handed over her purse, and then he got back into his car and they drove away. Bianca was very angry, I was laughing hysterically, and Katie was just silent. We ran back to the hostel and a man named Emerson came and helped us out. We cancelled Bianca's card and then went to the police station to report. I was at the station till midnight, and then started falling asleep, so the police drove me back to the hostel, and Katie and Bianca stayed until 2:30 am. They caught the guy and he's in jail.. so all is well.
Saturday morning we went to the beach.. which was fine until a group of guys decided they should talk to us and not go away.. so we left back to the hostel.. and then figured since we didn't have any money on us, we should walk the 3 kms into Quepos with Katie's debit card and try and get some money. Little did we know.. the 3 kms was straight uphill and it was really really hot out. We got there eventually and bought bus tickets for Sunday, then headed back to the hostel... where we were met by the police, who needed more information.
The police were actually the stupidest police I have ever encountered.. they were going to let the guy who robbed us go the next day.. but Emerson told them it was aggravated assault.. and they were like.. oh yeah.. you're right. I guess he can't go the next day. AND. when I left the station friday night, they were asking Bianca what I do and how old I was.. and they told her they'd convert to christianity for me. They were old.. and fat.. and just. ew.
Anyways. Saturday night when I was sleeping.. something weird happened. I felt something grabbing my arm and trying to drag me off my bed, and I woke up and started yelling at Bianca to help me, because I could still feel whatever it was on my arm.. but she turned on the light and there was nothing there.. it was really bizarre. I didn't sleep well after that.. so I ended up getting up really early and going for a walk on the beach. We got on the bus at 9:30 am and got back to San Jose at 1.. when we were supposed to get back at 12.. so that was annoying.
SO. what was originally planned to be a nice relaxing weekend.. turned out to be a not so enjoyable weekend and I am very happy to be back home in Pavas. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment