Monday, November 8, 2010

Nicaragua anyone?

So.. I went to Nicaragua this past weekend with some friends because we all had to renew our visas.. and it was quite the trip. We got there Friday afternoon and went down to the beach, where I enjoyed a nice run and then we went for dinner. As I went with a group of people who love sleeping.. we went back to the hostel after dinner and they went to bed.. as did I because I wasn't allowed to go anywhere alone.. which was for the best.
Saturday we spent the day at the beach, which was super awesome. We took a surf lesson and then surfed for awhile longer.. and that was fun. I got really frustrated because I couldn't do it overly well and got a heck of a lot of salt in my eyes.. but it was really fun, and I didn't get sunburnt! WOoooo! (I wore sunscreen aha)
Sundayy.......Sunday we went into the city.. and a guy came up behind me and grabbed my hair and pulled me backwards and started telling me in spanish how good looking I am and how I should go with him somewhere.. and then.. some druggy started following us around.. and thenn. we were sitting at a friends house and this guy came up and started talking to us and he thought I didn't speak spanish, and he started talking to corey about me and asked if he could buy me and if I could stay in Nicaragua with him because.. apparently I am a princess and apparently super good looking.. and then corey said no he has to take me back to costa rica.. and the guy was gonna leave so he went and shook everyones hand.. and then stopped at me and put his hand on my head and started rubbign my hair and then tried to kiss me

but I put my hand up and said no.. and then Jefferson and Corey made him leave and then I started to cry. The worst was that he thought I didn't understand him because he was speaking Spanish, but I understood everything he said and just felt so uncomfortable.

But.. I am now back in Costa Rica and feeling at home and safe, which is good. I don't think I'll go to Nicaragua again anytime soon.. but yeah.


Home and safe!


xoxo

Jaclyn

No comments:

Post a Comment