Saturday, November 13, 2010

lovehatelove.

I am in a love hate love relationship with Costa Rica I think...

Thursday night I was sitting at the computer at about 9 pm and my host parents had gone into their room to watch tv and my host brother was out.. and I saw this.. thing.. scurry across the floor. I thought to myself.. Wow, that is quite the large cockroach.. and then I looked again, and then was a rat running back under the couch! Being the big baby that I am.. I jumped on top of my chair and started yelling for my host parents, and they were just dying laughing as they came out of their room and saw me standing atop the chair screaming. Anyways.. they asked what happened, and I explained in very broken spanish (As I can't speak when I am freaking out) that there was a rat in the house and it ran under the couch. So.. they moved the couch and didn't see anything, and tried to tell me that it ran outside under the door.. which.. it had not! So I got off my chair and they went back to their room... and I did not move from my chair. My host brother came home and his friends were over too, and they asked what happened, and I told them there's a rat, so Jason (my host brother) went to look in my room for me, and it wasn't there.. guess where it was? In the kitchen! Awesome. So.. I didn't sleep well that night. I am still unaware as to whether or not it is in the house, because my family is in denial that it stayed in the house. So.. anyways. I am alive.. I don't have rabies.. it's all good.

Cool thing that happened... I had told one of the ladies that I work with (Lorena) that I wanted to buy jeans.. and so she told me she would take me somewhere where I could buy cheap jeans. So... I met her downtown yesterday afternoon and we went jeans shopping, and then Carmen (who I also work with.. these 2 ladies are the coolest people ever and have been best friends since they were 5) and Valesky (her daughter) met up with us, and we went for coffee.. and it was really great. I was super exhausted as I hadn't slept the night before.. and I hate shopping with people usually, because I like to just get what I need and go.. but I am learning a new thing called patience. Anyways. After our hangout time, I went to catch my bus home, and I got on the bus and the song 'you never let go' was on, and the words say, "Oh no, you never let go, through the calm and through the storm, oh no you never let go, in every high and ever low, oh no you never let go, Lord you never let go of me" and it was crazy, because I just felt like God was saying hey, I still got you, through every high, every low. And.. it was fabulous.
Anyways.. that would be all for now.

Sending love from Costa Rica!
xoxo
Jaclyn

No comments:

Post a Comment