Sunday, August 29, 2010

loco.

So.. I am just the queen of embarassing moments..
numero uno.. There was a nasty bug crawling out of a hole in the wall.. in our bedroom.. and so we called our host brother Jason to come kill it for us, but by the time he came into our room, it wasn´t there anymore, and he thought we were lunatics..
numero dos.. Jason Meaghan and I were walking down the street, and a nice gust of wind came and blew my skirt up for all to see..
numero tres.. There was a grasshopper on the wall of the house outside, and because nobody believed me that I am not scared of bugs.. I went over to touch it, and it flew right at me and I let out a bloodcurling screech.. and didn´t really prove my point.
Anyways.
Today we went to a beach in a town called punta reina, and it was really nice. The water looked really dirty so we didn´t go in it too far, but Jason Meaghan and I took a really long walk down the beach and then sat on some rocks at the end, and there were these crazy crabs.. and they can hop! Like from rock to rock! When we started walking back.. all I could see was the longest stretch of wonderful beach in front of me, so I took off running, and I ran down the beach, and it was the greatest.
Random fact: The way people get their eggs here is at 7 in the morning a man drives a car around with a megaphone saying ´´huevos! huevos!´´ which means.. eggs. and that´s how they get their eggs!
Lessons learned: I have so far learned how to make chorealos.. kinda like a pancake mixed with a tortilla, and arroz con leche! My favorite!
Lessons learned on the serious side.. I am learning how much I take for granted, and the importance of family. Here they don´t have anything, but the little they do have they are so thankful for and are so generous with, and family is the most important thing, because they know that that is the only thing they will always have.. friends come and go, but family is always there.. so... dear family, if you are reading this, I love you to infinity and beyond.

prayers answered: I am picking up the language again, bit by bit, slow and steady (wins the race)
: meaghans suitcase finally got here yesterday
: I have been able to focus on what I want to get done here, and not on whatever stuff was stressing me out at home, which is really really wonderful.
God is good, and he is at work! Love it.

xo
Jaclyn

ps- loving the cold showers as my shoulders are quite similar to the color of tomatoes from my trip to the beach..

No comments:

Post a Comment