Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Costa Rica

Hey!

In case you did not know.. I am going to Costa Rica for four months, leaving August 24, 2010! I am going for an internship with Christ for the City International, and I will be teaching piano and guitar to the "youth group" at the church, tutoring English at one of the public high schools, and working in La Carpio at the adolescent girls home.

La Carpio is the largest shantytown in San Jose, Costa Rica, and they have an adolescent girls home for young girls and women struggling with difficult home lives. A large percentage of these girls struggle with abuse and just go to the home so they can get away for awhile or get a bit of education, or help taking care of their babies.

There are a very minuscule amount of people that speak English in the area I will be living, so this will be quite the challenge. I took Spanish in high school and can converse a bit, but it definitely will be a challenge teaching music in Spanish. Also, the host family I will be living with does not speak English either.. so the first 3 weeks will be frustrating.

Anyways..
I am very excited and can't wait to go!
I have yet to pay for the rest of the trip and a few more things to organize, but God has his hand in it, so I am not overly worried.

Your prayers are appreciated very much!

xoxo
Jaclyn

No comments:

Post a Comment